Time-optimal algorithms focused on the search for random pulsed-point sources
Reznik A.L.1, Tuzikov A.V.2, Soloviev A.A.1, Torgov A.V.1, Kovalev V.A.2
1 Institute of Automation and Electrometry of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, 630090, Novosibirsk, Russia, Academician Koptyug ave. 1,
2 United Institute of Informatics Problems of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus, 220012, Belarus, Minsk, Surganova st., 6
The article describes methods and algorithms related to the analysis of dynamically changing discrete random fields. Time-optimal strategies for the localization of pulsed-point sources having a random spatial distribution and indicating themselves by generating instant delta pulses at random times are proposed. An optimal strategy is a procedure that has a minimum (statistically) average localization time. The search is performed in accordance with the requirements for localization accuracy and is carried out by a system with one or several receiving devices. Along with the predetermined accuracy of localization of a random pulsed-point source, a significant complicating factor of the formulated problem is that the choice of the optimal search procedure is not limited to one-step algorithms that end at the moment of first pulse generation. Moreover, the article shows that even with relatively low requirements for localization accuracy, the time-optimal procedure consists of several steps, and the transition from one step to another occurs at the time of registration of the next pulse by the receiving system. In this case, the situation is acceptable when during the process of optimal search some of the generated pulses are not fixed by the receiving system. The parameters of the optimal search depending on the number of receiving devices and the required accuracy of localization are calculated and described in the paper.
optimal search, pulsed-point source, localization accuracy, receiver
Reznik AL, Tuzikov AV, Soloviev AA, Torgov AV, Kovalev VA. Time-optimal algorithms focused on the search for random pulsed-point sources. Computer Optics 2019; 43(4): 605-610. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2019-43-4-605-610.
- Gnedenko, B.V. Mathematical methods of reliability theory / B.V. Gnedenko, Y.K. Belyayev, A.D. Solovyev. – New York: Academic Press, 1969. – 518 p.
- Shannon, C.E. A mathematical theory of communication / C.E. Shannon // Bell System Technical Journal. – 1948. – Vol. 27, Issue 3. – P. 379-423.
- Shannon, C.E. A mathematical theory of communication / C.E. Shannon // Bell System Technical Journal. – 1948. – Vol. 27, Issue 4. – P. 623-656.
- Chen, C. Object detection in re-mote sensing images based on a scene-contextual feature pyramid network / C. Chen, W. Gong, Y. Chen, W. Li // Remote Sensing. – 2019. – Vol. 3. – P. 339-356. – DOI: 10.3390/rs11030339.
- Tomal, D. Electronic troubleshooting / D. Tomal, A. Agajanian. – 4th ed. – New York: McGraw-Hill Educa-tion, 2014. – 480 p.
- Reznik, A.L. On the reliable readout of random discrete-point structures / A.L. Reznik, V.M. Efimov, A.A. Solov'ev, A.V. Torgov // Pattern Recognition and Im-age Analysis. – 2015. – Vol. 25, Issue 1. – P. 84-88. – DOI: 10.1134/S1054661815010150.
- Reznik, A.L. Time-optimal algorithms of searching for pulsed-point sources for systems with several detectors / A.L. Reznik, A.V. Tuzikov, A.A. Solov'ev, A.V. Torgov // Optoelectronics, Instrumentation and Data Processing. – 2017. – Vol. 53, Issue 3. – P. 203-209. – DOI: 10.3103/S8756699017030013.
- Bertsekas, D. Constrained optimization and Lagrange mul-tiplier methods / D. Bertsekas // New York: Academic Press, 1982. – 400 p.
- Powell, M.J.D. A fast algorithm for nonlinearly con-strained optimization calculations / M.J.D. Powell. – In: Numerical analysis / ed. by G.A. Watson. – Berlin, Heidel-berg, NewYork: Springer-Verlag, 1978. – P. 144-157.
- Bellman, R.E. Some aspects of the mathematical theory of control processes / R.E. Bellman, I.L. Glicksberg, O.A. Gross. – Santa Monica, CA: RAND Corporation, 1958. – 263 p.
- Pontryagin, L.S. Mathematical theory of optimal proc-esses / L.S. Pontryagin. – Boca Raton: CRC Press, 1987. – 360 p.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Россия, 443001, Самара, ул. Молодогвардейская, 151; электронная почта: firstname.lastname@example.org ; тел: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (ответственный
секретарь), +7 (846)
332-56-22 (технический редактор), факс: +7 (846) 332-56-20