Coherent radar images with statistically independent elements segmentation
B.M. Mironov, A.N. Malov
Irkutsk Higher Air Force Engineering School
Full text of article: Russian language.
Results of research of the segmentation algorithms on the basis of model of system with casual spasmodic structure in application to coherent radar images with statistically independent elements after speckle-noise smoothing on them by means of local spatial filtration methods efficiency are presented. The received characteristics allow estimating a segmentation error at the radar parameters set and a spreading surface, to compare errors at performance of a preliminary filtration and without its performance.
algorithm, probability, images, coherency, accumulation, a radar-location, distribution, smoothing, segmentation, speckle, filtration.
Citation: Mironov BM, Malov AN. Coherent radar images with statistically independent elements segmentation. Computer Optics 2008; 32(4): 423-7.
- Frost VS. A model for radar images and its application to adaptive digital filtering of multiplicative noise. IEEE Trans. Pattern Anal. Machine Intell 1982; 4(2): 157-165.
- Belokurov AA. Speckle noise smoothing methods on radar images of the Earth’s surface [In Russian]. Zarubezhnaya Radioelektronika (Foreign Radio Engineering) 1990; 6: 26-35.
- Zelenskiy AA, et al. Two-stage multichannel radar image processing using vector sigma filter [In Russian]. Telecommunications and Radio Engineering 2003; 11: 55-62.
- Lee JS. Speckle analysis and smoothing of synthetic aperture radar images. Computer Graphics and Image Processing 1981; 17(1): 24-32.
- Skripnik ON, Lezhankin BV, Malov AN, Mironov BM, Galliev CF. Formation of spreading surface classification map on coherent radar images [In Russian]. Computer Optics 2006; 29: 151-159.
- Malov AN, Mironov BM, Kuznetsov VA. Extraction of small-size objects by segmentation algorithms using a model of the system with abruptly changing random structure [In Russian]. Computer Optics 2008; 32(1): 89-92.
- Zaitsev VV, Troshkin DV. Experimental study of speckle-noise filtering algorithms for radar images. Earth Observation and Remote Sensing. 1995;12:831–846.
- Franson M. Speckle optics [Russian translation]. Moscow: “Mir” Publisher 1980; 171 p.
© 2009, ИСОИ РАН
Россия, 443001, Самара, ул. Молодогвардейская, 151; электронная почта: firstname.lastname@example.org ; тел: +7 (846) 332-56-22, факс: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20