Full text of article: Russian language.
Experimentally investigated a focusing of inhomogeneously polarized laser beams formed by the sector polarizing plates. The analysis of noise distortion beams formed different types of plates is performed. Focusing is implemented by a micro-objective with high numerical aperture and by a diffraction axicon with moderate numerical aperture. It's experimentally shown that beam distortion by noise have a little effect on the intensity distribution in the center of the focus area due to its high frequency nature. It is in agreement with the simulation results.
inhomogeneous polarization, sector polarizing plate, high-frequency noise, focusing axicon.
- Machavariani, G. Ef?cient extracavity generation of radially and azimuthally polarized beams / G. Machavariani, Y. Lumer, I. Moshe, A. Meir and S. Jackel // Optics Letters. – 2007. – V. 32(11). – P.1468-1470.
- Machavariani, G. Spatially-variable retardation plate for e?cient generationof radially- and azimuthally-polarized beams / G. Machavariani, Y. Lumer, I. Moshe, A. Meir, S. Jackel // Optics Communications. – 2008. – V. 281. – P. 732-738.
- Man, Zh. Arbitrary vector beams with selective polarization states patterned by tailored polarizing ?lms / Zhongsheng Man, Changjun Min, Yuquan Zhang, Zhe Shen and X.-C. Yuan // Laser Phys. – 2013. – V. 23. – P. 105001 (5p).
- Richards, B. Electromagnetic diffraction in optical systems II. Structure of the image ?eld in an aplanatic system / B. Richards, E. Wolf // Proc. Royal Soc. A. – 1959. – V. 253. – P. 358-379.
- Khonina, S.N. Influence of vortex transmission phase function on intensity distribution in the focal area of high-aperture focusing system / S.N. Khonina, N.L. Kazanskiy and S.G. Volotovsky // Optical Memory and Neural Networks (Information Optics). – 2011. – V. 20(1). – P. 23-42.
- Vinogradova, M.B. Wave Theory / M.B. Vinogradova, O.V. Rudenko and A.P. Sukhorukov. – 2nd ed. – M.: “Nauka” Publisher, 1979. – (In Russian).
- Khonina, S.N. Propagation of the radially-limited vortical beam in a near zone: I. Calculation algorithms / S.N. Khonina, A.V. Ustinov A.A. Kovalev, S.G. Volotovsky // Computer Optics. – 2010. – V. 34(3). – P. 317-332.
- Quabis, S. Focusing light to a tighter spot / S. Quabis, R. Dorn, M. Eberler, O. Glockl and G. Leuchs // Opt. Commun. – 2000. – V. 179. – P. 1-7.
- Khonina, S.N. Reducing of the focal spot size at radial polarization by means of the binary annular element / S.N. Khonina, A.V. Ustinov // Computer Optics. – 2012. – V. 36(2). – P. 219-226.
- Khonina, S.N. Study of polarization sensitivity OF near-field microscope using a binary phase plate / S.N. Khonina, S.V. Alferov, O.Yu. Moiseev, S.V. Karpeev // Computer Optics. – 2013. – V. 37(3). – P. 326-331.
- Khonina, S.N. Strengthening the longitudinal component of the sharply focused electric field by means of higher-order laser beams / S.N. Khonina, S.V. Alferov, S.V. Karpeev // Optics Letters. –2013. – V. 38, No. 17. – P. 3223-3226.
- Durnin, J. Diffraction-free beams / J. Durnin, J.J. Miceli and J.H. Eberly // Phys. Rev. Lett. – 1987. – V. 58, N. 15. – P. 1499-1501.
- Khonina, S.N. Formation of an axial line with the reduced cross-section size for linear polarization of an illuminating beam by means of high-aperture binary axicons without axial symmetry / S.N. Khonina // Computer Optics. – 2010. – V. 34(4). – P. 461-468. – (In Russian).
- Turunen, J. Holographic generation of diffraction-free beams / J. Turunen, A. Vasara and A.T. Friberg // J. Appl. Opt. – 1988. – V. 27(19). – P. 3959-3962.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20