Temporary "compression" of femtosecond pulses in the focus of truncated microellipsoid
E.S. Kozlova, V.V. Kotlyar
Image Processing Systems Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences,
Samara State Aerospace University
Full text of article: Russian language.
Truncated ellipsoid which all parallel incident rays collects on it’s flat surface is designed. Simulation by (FD)2TD method of focusing of femtosecond pulse (duration 1.24 fs and the carrier wavelength λ = 532 nm) by a silica truncated microellipsoid with smaller cross-sectional diameter of 1.16 mm showed that the ellipsoid gives an elliptical focus spot with a smaller diameter FWHM = 0,38 λ. At the same time the pulse duration at the focus of a few percent smaller than the duration of the incoming pulse.
FDTD-method, microoptic, femtosecond pulse, sharp focusing of light, microsphere, mikroellipsoid, mikroparaboloid, microlens, the Selmeyer’s dispersion model.
- Liu, Z. Ultraviolet conical emission produced by high-power femtosecond laser pulse in transparent media / Z. Liu, X. Lu, Q. Liu, S. Sun, L. Li, X. Liu, B. Ding, B. Hu // Applied Physics B. – 2012. – V. 108 – P. 493-500.
- Piglosiewicz, B. Ultrasmall bullets of light - focusing few-cycle light pulses to the diffraction limit / B. Piglosiewicz, D. Sadiq, M. Mascheck, S. Schmidt, M. Silies, P. Vasa, and C. Lienau // Optics Express. – 2011. – V. 19(15) – P. 14451-14463.
- Kozlova, E.S. Modelling of focusing femtosecond pulse by ellipsoid, paraboloid, sphere and hemisphere / E.S. Kozlova, V.V. Kotlyar // Computer Îptics. – 2013. – V. 37(1). – P. 31-38. – (In Russian).
- Couairon, A. Filamentation and damage in fused silica induced by tightly focused femtosecond laser pulses / A. Couairon, L. Sudrie, M. Franco, B. Prade, A. Mysyrowicz // Physics Review B. – 2005. – V. 71. – P. 125435-125441.
- Kozlova, E.S. Specified Parameters of Sellmeyer model for silica glass / E.S. Kozlova, V.V. Kotlyar // Computer Optics. – 2014. – V. 38(1). – P. 51-55. – (In Russian).
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20