Automatic classification algorithm of quick bird images
in the problem of evaluating of forest completeness
A.G. Terehov, N.G. Makarenko, I.T. Pak
Institute of Computational Technologies MES RK
Full text of article: Russian language.
Automated technology based on ultra-high spatial resolution (QuickBird) satellite data has been developed to estimate fraction of projective covering by crowns of trees and calculate forest integrity on the sample of Aman-Karagaisky forest in the Northern Kazakhstan. The processing algorithm is based on the threshold allocation of mask of shadows and its succeeding morphological filtering. The map of forest’s test area integrity built by Land Cover Classification System [LCCS] criteria have an accuracy of 82.5% relatively to the corresponding map based on an expert decoding.
remote sensing, high resolution images, mask of shadows, morphological filtering, projective covering by crowns of trees, forest integrity.
- Biryukova, Z.P. Water conditions and stability of pine plantations in northern Kazakhstan / Z.P. Biryukova, A.I. Verzunov, L.G. Mehedova, G.I. Skomorohova // Lesovedenie. – 1989. – Vol. 1. – P. 97-103. – (In Russian).
- Jansen, J.M. Land Cover Classification System (LCCS): classification concepts and user manual // FAO Land and Water Development Division, FAO – 2000. – URL: http://www.fao.org/docrep/003/x0596e/x0596e00.htm (date of the request 25.09.2014)
- Usolcev, V.A. Modeling of structure and dynamics of wood phytomass / V.A. Usolcev – Krasnoyarsk: Krasnoyarsk University Publisher, 1985. – 191 p. – (In Russian).
- Vizilter, Yu.V. Image processing and analysis in computer vision problems / Yu.V. Vizilter, S.Yu. Zheltov, A.V. Bondarenko, Ì.V. Ososkov, À.V. Morzhin. – Ìoscow: “Fizmatkniga” Publisher, 2010. – 672 p. – (In Russian).
- Zorich, V.À. Mathematical analysis / V.À. Zorich. – Ìoscow: Nauka Main Edition of physical and mathematical literature, 1984. – 640 p. – (In Russian).
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: email@example.com; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20