Asymmetrical Bessel modes of the first and second type and their superpositions
Kovalev A.A., Kotlyar V.V., Fakhriev R.F.
Image Processing Systems Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences,
Samara State Aerospace University
Full text of article: Russian language.
We considered nonparaxial asymmetric Bessel modes of the first and second type, which differ from a conventional symmetric Bessel mode by a real-valued shift along one Cartesian coordinate and imaginary shift along the other (both shifts are equal in modulus). Bessel modes of the first and second type differ only in the shift sign and, therefore, have different orbital angular momentum (OAM) (integer or fractional). Addition and subtraction of two identical asymmetric Bessel modes of the first and second type leads to light beams with the same integer OAM equal to the topological charge of the generating mode, but with different transverse intensity distributions, which depend on the shift magnitude.
nonparaxial Bessel mode, diffraction-free laser beams, complex shift of the solution of the Helmholtz equation, orbital angular momentum, asymmetric Bessel mode.
- Kotlyar, V.V. Diffraction-free asymmetric elegant Bessel beams with fractional orbital angular momentum / V.V. Kotlyar, A.A. Kovalev, V.A. Soifer // Computer Optics. – 2014. – Vol. 38(1). – P. 4-10.
- Kotlyar, V.V. Asymmetric Bessel modes / V.V. Kotlyar, A.A. Kovalev, V.A. Soifer // Optics Letters. – 2014. – Vol. 39, Issue 8. – P. 2395-2398.
- Kotlyar, V.V. Rotating elegant Bessel-Gaussian beams / V.V. Kotlyar, A.A. Kovalev, R.V. Skidanov, V.A. Soifer // Computer Optics. – 2014. – Vol. 38(2). – P. 162-170.
- Kotlyar, V.V. Asymmetric Bessel-Gauss beams / V.V. Kotlyar, A.A. Kovalev, R.V. Skidanov, V.A. Soifer // Journal of the Optical Society of America A . – 2014. – Vol. 31, Issue 9. – P. 1977-1983.
- Gong, L. Observation of the symmetric Bessel beams with arbitrary orientation using a digital micromirror device / L. Gong, X. Qui, Y. Ren, H. Zhu, W. Liu, J. Zhou M.Ch. Zhong, X.X. Chu, Yi.M. Li // Optics Express. – 2014. – Vol. 22, Issue 22. – P. 26763-26776.
- Sheppard, C.J.R. Two-dimensional complex source point solutions: application to propagationlly invarint beams, optical fiber modes, planar waveguides, and plasmonic devices / C.J.R. Sheppard, S.S. Kou, J. Lin // Journal of the Optical Society of America A. – 2014. – Vol. 31, Issue 12. – P. 2674-2679.
- Mitri, F.G. Partial-wave series expansion in spherical coordinates for the acoustic field of vortex beams generated from finite circular aperture / F.G. Mitri // IEEE Transactions. – 2014. – Vol. 61, Issue 12. – P. 2089-2097.
- Mendez, G. Orbital angular momentum and highly efficient holographic generation of nondiffractive TE and TM vector beams / G. Mendez, A. Fernando-Vazquez, R.P. Lopez // Optics Communications. – 2015. – Vol. 334. – P. 174-183.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: email@example.com; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20