Morphlets: a new class of tree-structured morphological descriptors of image shape
Vizilter Yu.V., Gorbatsevich V.S., Zheltov S.Yu., Rubis A.Yu., Vorotnikov A.V.
Full text of article: Russian language.
In this paper, we present a new class of tree-structured morphological descriptors of image shape. The notion of a Haar-like function is formalized. It is demonstrated that Pytiev morphology of centered images can be described in terms of a Haar-like basis. The morphology of localized mosaic shapes and corresponding localized Haar-like wavelet systems are described. The formal way for generating a hierarchical structure of localized mosaic shapes and corresponding tree of localized Haar-like wavelets is reported. The notion of “morphlets” as Haar-like wavelets corresponding to the mosaic shape of some image is introduced. Some constructive schemes for the generation of morphlet-based image descriptors are considered.
image analysis, mathematical morphology, Pytiev morphology, Wavelets, Shape comparison.
- Viola, P. Rapid object detection using a boosted cascade of simple features / P. Viola, M. Jones // CVPR 2001. Proceedings of the 2001 IEEE Computer Society Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition. – 2001. – V. 1. – P. 511-518.
- Daubechies, I. Ten Lectures on Wavelets / I. Daubechies. – Philadelphia: SIAM, 1992. – 357 p.
- Pytiev, Yu. Morphological image analysis methods / Yu. Pytiev, A. Chulichkov. – Ìoscow: “Fizmatlit” Publisher, 2010. – 336 p.
- Vizilter, Yu. Morphological image analysis using dynamic programming and stack representation / Yu. Vizilter, V. Gorbatsevich // Vestnik komp'iuternykh i informatsionnykh tekhnologii. – 2011. – Vol. 3. – P. 7-15. – (In Russian).
- Wu, B. Detection of multiple, partially occluded humans in a single image by bayesian combination of edgelet part detectors / B. Wu, R. Nevatia // International Conference on Computer Vision 2006. – 2006. – Vol. I. – P. 90-97.
- Lee, A.B. Treelets – an adaptive multi-scale basis for sparse unordered data / A.B. Lee, B. Nadler, L. Wasserman // The Annals of Applied Statistics. – 2008. – Vol. 2, Issue 2. – P. 435-471.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20