Some peculiarities of a new method of microrelief creation by the direct electron-beam etching of resist
M.A. Bruk, E.N. Zhikharev, D.R. Streltsov, V.A. Kalnov, A.V. Spirin, A.E. Rogozhin
L.Ya. Karpov Research Physical-Chemical Institute,
Physics and Technology Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences,
Enikolopov Institute of Synthetic Polymer Materials of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Full text of article: Russian language.
We discuss new results concerning the mechanism, characteristics and application potentialities of a novel method that allows an image to be generated in some positive resists directly during exposure by an electron beam in vacuum. In particular, using the PMMA resist as an example, we show that this method is very convenient for obtaining micro- and nano-reliefs with a rounded cross-section profile. Examples are given of obtaining 3D-structures with good accuracy of image vertical size and low surface roughness. In the authors opinion, the data presented show, on the whole, that the suggested method has application potentialities for the manufacture of diffractive optical elements.
electron-beam lithography, new dry method of microrelief creation, optoelectronics, diffractive optical elements, 3D-structures.
- Diffractive Nanophotonics / A.V. Gavrilov, D.L. Golovashkin, L.L. Doskolovich, P.N. Dyachenko, A.A. Kovalev, V.V. Kotlyar, A.G. Nalimov, D.V. Nesterenko, V.S. Pavelyev, R.V. Skidanov, V.A. Soifer, S.N. Khonina, Y.O. Shuyupova; ed. by V.A. Soifer. – BocaRaton (USA): CRC Press, 2014. – 704 p.
- Di Fabrizio, E. Fabrication of Diffractive Optical Elements by Electron Beam Lithography / E.Di Fabrizio, L. Grella, M. Baciocchi, M. Gentili // Diffractive Optics and Optical Microsystems; ed. S. Martellucci, Arthur N. Chester. – New York: Plenum Press, 1997. – P. 149-160.
- Volkov, A.V. The formation of DOE microrelief using the achievements in microelectronics / A.V. Volkov, R.V. Ski-danov // Computer Optics. – 2001. – Vol. 22. – P. 65-71. – ISSN 0134-2452. – (In Russian).
- Nesterenko, D.V. The fabrication of the curved diffraction gratings for UV / D.V. Nesterenko, S.D. Poletaev, O.Y. Moiseev, D.M. Yakunenkova, A.V. Volkov, R.V. Skidanov // Izvestiya SNC RAS. – 2011. – Vol. 13(4). – P. 66-71. – (In Russian).
- Valiev, K.A. The Physics of Submicron Lithography. K.A. Valiev / Plenum Press, New York, 1992. – 493 p.
- Murali, R. Metrology for Grayscale Lithography / R. Murali // AIP Conference Proceedings. – 2007. – Vol. 931. – P. 419-422.
- Bruk, M.A. Method of forming masking image in positive electron resists / M.A. Bruk, E.N. Zhikharev, V.A. Kalnov, A.V. Spirin, D.R. Streltsov // Patent RF of Invention N2478226 of September 06, 2011, Russian Bulletin of Inventions N9, 2013. – (In Russian).
- Bruk, M.A. The new dry method of mask (relief) formation by direct electron-beam etching of resist / M.A. Bruk, E.N. Zhikharev, D.R. Streltsov, V.A. Kalnov, A.V. Spirin // Microelectronic Engineering. – 2013. – Vol. 112. – P. 1-4.
- Schleunitz, A. Combining nanoimprint lithography and a molecular weight selective thermal reflow for the generation of mixed 3D structures / A. Schleunitz, Ch. Spreu, M. Vog-ler, H. Atasoy and H. Schift // J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B. – 2011. – Vol. 29. – P. 06FC01.
- Bruk, M.A. Radiation-Induced Depolymerization of PMMA Adsorbed on Silochrome / M.A. Bruk, M.V. Kondrat'eva, A.A. Baranov, K.V. Pebalk, A.M. Sergeev, and N.V. Kozlova // Polymer Science. Series A. – 1999. – Vol. 41(2). – P. 159-164.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: email@example.com; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20