Design of an optical divider for ‘smartlink connection’ with use of SLA and FDM 3D-printing technology
V.S. Nikitin, E.I. Semyonov, A.V. Solostin, V.G. Sharov, S.V. Chayka
Scientific and Technological Center of Physics of Information «Introfizika», Ltd, Rybinsk, Russia,
P. A. Solovyov Rybinsk State Aviation Technical University, Rybinsk, Russia
Full text of article: Russian language.
We conducted a theoretical study of the development of optical signal dividers for two-dimensional arrays of VCSEL-lasers and PIN photodiodes used in transceivers of full duplex ‘Smartlink connections’ with the constituent components fabricated by 3D printing. A multi-channel optical signal divider for full duplex ‘Smartlink connections’ that can be fabricated using 3D printing technologies, such as SLA (Stereolithography) and FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling), was designed.
fiber optic connections, arrays, lasers, photodiodes, polymers.
Nikitin VS, Semyonov EI, Solostin AV, Sharov VG, Chayka SV. Design of an optical divider for ‘smartlink connection’ with use of SLA and FDM 3D printing technology. Computer Optics 2016; 40(1): 57-63. – DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2016-40-1-57-63.
- PON Splitters. Source: <http://www.fs.com/c/pon-splitters_1017 >.
- Yanagawa H, Shimizu T, Nakamura S, Oyama I. Waveguide-type coupler/splitter. US Pat 5,179,604. Filed of December 24, 1991. Published of January 12, 1993.
- Groh W, Brockmeyer A, Theis J, Stehlin T. New multicompatible optical coupler produced by injection molding. US Pat 5,208,884. Filed of March 21, 1991. Published of May 4, 1993.
- Levinson FH. Integrated optical coupler and connector. US Pat 4,881,789. Filed of May 26, 1988. Published of November 21, 1989.
- Optical splitter – as the main element of PON networks [In Russian]. Source: <http://optokon.ua/arts/opticheskii-splitter-kak-osnovnoi-element-setei-pon/ >.
- Typical example of photonic packaging. Source: <http://www.chinacablesbuy.com/category/epon-gpon-systems/page/2 >.
- Ehsan A. Rapid prototyping of plastic optical fiber coupler. Source: <http://www.researchgate.net/publication/269291826_Rapid_prototyping_of_plastic_optical_fiber_coupler >.
- Owano N. Disney's magical vision calls for 3-D printed optical elements (w/ Video). Source: <http://phys.org/news/2012-10-disney-magical-vision-d-optical.html >.
- Canning J. Air-structured optical fibre drawn from a 3D-printed preform. Source: <http://www.researchgate.net/publication/280627462_Air-structured_optical_fibre_drawn_from_a_3D-printed_preform >.
- Mandalia R. Can 3D printing techniques be used to fabricate optical fibre? Researchers investigate. Source: <http://www.techienews.co.uk/9735982/can-3d-printing-techniques-be-used-to-fabricate-optical-fibre-researchers-investigate/ >.
- Nikitin VS. Multi-channel signal splitter for Smartlink [In Russian]. Pat RF of Invent N 2419129 of May 20, 2011, Russian Bull of Inventions N14, 2011.
- Stereolithography (SLA). Source: <http://3dtoday.ru/wiki/SLA_print/ >.
- MiiCraft+ Overview. Source: <http://www.miicraft.com/product/ >.
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM). Source: <http://manufacturing.materialise.com/fdm >.
- Wanhao Duplicator 4X Black DH. Source: <http://www.wanhao3dprinter.com/Unboxin/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=28 >.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20