Modeling the ‘smartlink connection’ performance
V.S. Nikitin, E.I. Semyonov, A.V. Solostin, V.G. Sharov, S.V. Chayka
Scientific and Technological Center of Physics of Information «Introfizika», Ltd, Rybinsk, Russia,
P. A. Solovyov Rybinsk State Aviation Technical University, Rybinsk, Russia
Full text of article: Russian language.
The mathematical model ‘Smartlink connection’ has been extended to include the signal propagation through physical links, signal blurring, and several mechanisms of intensity loss as the signal travels through an optical fiber. Based on this mathematical model, we have developed the software to implement and simulate the circuit-switching and self-healing functions. In the experiments conducted with use of the developed software we studied the self-healing properties of the ‘Smartlink connection’ and evaluated optimal characteristics for the fabrication of a multi-channel signal divider.
fiber optic connections, arrays, lasers, photodiodes.
Nikitin VS, Semyonov EI, Solostin AV, Sharov VG, Chayka SV. Modeling the ‘smartlink connection’ performance. Computer Optics 2016; 40(1): 64-72. – DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2016-40-1-64-72.
- 10Gbits/sec and beyond: High speed in the data center. Source: <www.cablinginstall.com/articles/print/volume-16/issue-1/features/10-gbits-sec-and-beyond-high-speed-in-the-data-center.html>.
- comScore Releases Overview of European Internet Usage in September 2011. Source: <http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events/Press_Releases/2011/11/comScore_Releases_Overview_of_European_Internet_Usage_in_September_2011>.
- IBM Cancels Blue Waters. Source: <http://insidehpc.com/2011/08/08/ibm-cancels-blue-waters/>.
- Nikitin VS. Methods of self-healing connections multicontact devices or circuits and device for its realization [In Russian], Pat RF of Invent N 2270493 of February 20, 2006, Russian Bull of Inventions N5, 2006.
- Sharov VG, Chayka SV. Evaluation of reliability of the data transmission system based on intelligent multi-channel fiber-optic connections [In Russian]. A messenger RGATU of P.A. Solovyov 2012; 2: 169-175.
- Sharov VG, Nikitin VS, Lomanov AN, Chayka SV. The adaptive transmission protocol for multi-fiber connections [In Russian]. A messenger RGATU of P.A. Solovyov 2011; 1: 104-111.
- Sharov VG, Lomanov AN, Chayka SV. Verification of adaptive data transmission protocol for multi-fiber connections [In Russian]. A messenger RGATU of P.A. Solovyov 2011; 3: 113-119.
- Ajoy Ghatak, K. Thyagarajan Optical waveguides and fibers / Fundamentals of photonics, module 1.7. Source: <http://spie.org/documents/publications/00%20step%20module%2007.pdf>.
- Shumkova DB, Levchenko AE. Special optical [In Russian]. Source: <http://pstu.ru/files/file/FPMM/of/shumkova_specialnye_volokonnye_svetovody.pdf >.
- Efanov VI, Grinshpon YS, Vozhdayev DV, Utkin AS. Calculating losses in splitters optical power and attenuation in the optical fiber [In Russian]. T-Comm – Telecommunications and Transport. 2014; 8(9): 39-41.
- Nikitin VS. Multi-channel signal splitter for Smartlink [In Russian], Pat RF of Invent N 2419129 of August 24, 2009, Russian Bull of Inventions N14, 2011.
Chetkin SV. Guidelines for course and degree designing optical transmission systems. For students 5 and 6 courses [In Russian]. Moscow: Moscow Technical University of Communications and Informatics; 2002: 25-27.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: email@example.com; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20