Design and analysis of a three-wave diffraction focusing doublet
S.V. Karpeev, A.V. Ustinov, S.N. Khonina
Image Processing Systems Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences, Samara, Russia,
Samara State Aerospace University, Samara, Russia
Full text of article: Russian language.
We study the possibility of creating a purely diffractive focusing doublet consisting of two components that are spaced apart. This doublet is able to focus light from three monochromatic sources with different wavelengths into the same focal spot. We analyze the characteristics of the designed doublet. Polychromatic focal distributions generated by the developed system are numerically calculated.
chromatism, diffractive lens, axicon, segmented focusing element.
Karpeev SV, Ustinov AV, Khonina SN. Design and analysis of a three-wave diffraction focusing doublet. Computer Optics 2016; 40(2): 173-8. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2016-40-2-173-178.
- Bobrov ST, Greysukh GI, Turkevich YuG. Optics of diffractive elements and systems [In Russian]. Leningrad: Mashinostroe-nie; 1986.
- Greysukh GI, Ezhov EG, Stepanov SA. Comparative analysis of the chromatizm of diffractive and refractive lenses [In Rus-sian]. Computer Optics 2005; 28: 60-65.
- Kazanskiy NL, Khonina SN, Skidanov RV, Morozov AA, Kharitonov SI, Volotovskiy SG. Formation of images using multi-level diffractive lens. Computer Optics 2014; 38(3): 425-434.
- Karpeev SV, Alferov SV, Khonina SN, Kudryashov SI. Study of the broadband radiation intensity distribution formed by dif-fractive optical elements. Computer Optics 2014; 38(4): 689-694.
- Karpeev SV, Khonina SN, Kharitonov SI. Study of the diffraction grating on the convex surface as a dispersive element. Computer Optics 2015; 39(2): 211-217.
- Greysukh GI, Ezhov EG, Stepanov SA. High-resolution diffractive-gradient lens. Journal of Optical Technology 2001; 68(3): 59-62.
- Greysukh GI, Ezhov EG, Stepanov SA. Correction possibilities of the hybrid lens composed of two diffractive lenses and lens glued Wood. Journal of Optical Technology 2000; 67(10): 48-52.
- Farn MW, Goodman JW. Diffractive doublets corrected at two wavelengths. J Opt Soc Am A 1991; 8(6): 860-867.
- Greysukh GI, Ezhov EG, Kazin SV, Stepanov SA. Optical systems with diffractive elements: ways of the chromatism correction [in Russian]. Computer Optics 2010; 34(2): 187-193.
- Mustafin KS. Calculation of ahromatic hologram lens systems based on the tautochronism principle of rays. Optics and Spectroscopy 1978; 44(1): 164-167.
- Bennett SJ. Achromatic combinations of hologram optical elements. Applied Optics 1976; 15(2): 542-545.
- Sweatt WC. Achromatic triplet using holographic optical elements. Applied Optics 1977; 16(5): 1390-1391.
- Weingärtner I. Real and achromatic imaging with two planar holographic optical elements. Optics Communications 1986; 58(6): 385-388.
- Andersen G, Tullson D. Broadband antihole photon sieve telescope. Applied Optics 2007; 46(18): 3706-3708.
- Slusarev GG. Design of optical systems [in Russian]. Leningrad: “Mashinostroenie” Publisher; 1975.
- Khonina SN, Ustinov AV, Skidanov RV, Morozov AA. Comparative study of the spectral characteristics of aspheric lenses. Computer Optics. 2015; 39(3): 363-369.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20