(25) * << * >> * Russian * English * Content * All Issues
Use of the finite-difference method for solving the problem of H-wave diffraction by two-dimensional dielectric gratings
D.L. Golovashkin1,2, N.L. Kazansky1,2, V.N. Safina2
1Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS
2Samara State Aerospace University
PDF, 117 kB
The work is devoted to the application of a differential approach to solving Maxwell's equations and the wave equation for simulating the process of propagation of an electromagnetic H-wave through a two-dimensional dielectric grating. A comparison with the well-known simulation method (differential method) is performed, the advantages and disadvantages of both approaches are highlighted.
H-wave diffraction, two-dimensional grating, Maxwell's equation, wave equation, differential method.
KGolovashkin DL, Kazansky NL, Safina VN. Use of the finite-difference method for solving the problem of H-wave diffraction by two-dimensional dielectric gratings. Computer Optics 2003; 25: 36-40.
- Petit R, ed. Electromagnetic theory on gratings. New York: Springer-Verlag; 1980.
- Ichikawa H. Electromagnetic analysis of diffraction gratings by the finite-difference time-domain method. J Opt Soc Am A 1998; 15(1): 152-157.
- Yee KS. Numerical solution of initial boundary value problems involving Maxwell’s equations in isotropic media. IEEE Trans Antennas Propag 1966; AP-14: 302-307.
- Neganov VA, Raevskii SB, Yarovoi GP. Linear macroscopic electrodynamics. Moscow: "Radio i Svyaz" Publisher; 2000.
- Bers L, John F, Schechter M. Partial differential equations. Providence, Rhode Island: American Mathematical Society; 1964.
- Berenger J-P. A perfectly matched layer for the absorption of electromagnetic waves. J Comput Phys 1994; 114: 185-200.
- Mur G. Absorbing boundary conditions for the finite-difference approximation of the time-domain electromagnetic-field equations. IEEE Trans Electromagn Compat 1981; EMC-23: 377-382.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: email@example.com ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846) 332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20