(25) * << * >> * Russian * English * Content * All Issues
Study of the effectiveness of adaptive interpolation algorithms for hierarchical image compression
A.N. Beden'gov1, M.V. Gashnikov1
1Samara State Aerospace University
PDF, 117 kB
The paper estimates the efficiency limit of adaptive interpolation schemes used in the technology of hierarchical image compression. A new adaptive interpolation algorithm is proposed, based on the use of several interpolation functions and a parameterized rule for switching between them. The developed interpolation algorithm is compared with the existing ones.
image compression, interpolation algorithm, adaptive scheme, parameterized rule.
Beden'gov AN, Gashnikov MV. Study of the effectiveness of adaptive interpolation algorithms for hierarchical image compression. Computer Optics 2003; 25: 141-145.
- Aleksandrov VV, Gorsky ND. Image representation and processing: a recursive approach [In Russian]. Leningrad: "Nauka" Publisher; 1985.
- Kortman CM. Redundancy reduction – A practical method of data compression. Proc IEEE 1967; 55(3): 253-263.
- Gashnikov MV, Glumov NI, Sergeev VV. The method of image compression in operational remote sensing systems. Proceedings of the IX All-Russian Conference “Mathematical methods of pattern recognition” (ММRО-9-99) 1999: 160-163.
- Gashnikov MV, Glumov NI, Sergeyev VV. Compression method for real-time systems of remote sensing. Proc15th International Conference on Pattern Recognition 2000: 3: 232-235.
- Efimov VM, Kolesnikov AN. Effectiveness estimation of the hierarchical and line-by-line lossless compression algorithms [In Russian]. Proc 3rd All-Russian Conference “Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis: new information technologies” 1997; I: 157-161.
- Pratt WK. Digital image processing. 3th ed. New York: John Wiley and Sons Inc; 2002.
- Gashnikov MV, Glumov NI, Sergeyev VV. Adaptive interpolation algorithm for hierarchical image compression. Computer Optics 2002; 23: 89-93.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846) 332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20