(28) * << * >> * Russian * English * Content * All Issues
Comparison of the analytical and the numerical solutions calculated by finite-difference method for a round fiber
V.V. Kotlyar1,2 Y.O. Shuyupova 1,2
1Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS
2Samara State Aerospace University named after academician S.P. Korolev
PDF, 11 kB
This paper considers a finite-difference method for calculating the propagation constants and fields of vector modes of round optical fibers with a stepped refractive index. The accuracy of the resulting solution of the wave equation with the corresponding analytical solution known for this type of fiber, is evaluated.
round fiber, finite-difference method, round optical fibers, wave equation
Kotlyar VV, Shuyupova YO. Comparison of the analytical and the numerical solutions calculated by finite-difference method for a round fiber. Computer Optics 2005; 28: 41-44.
- Yang R, Xue W, Huang T, Zhou G. Research on the effect of air hole shape on the properties of microstructured optical fibers. Opt Eng 2004; 11(43): 2701-2706.
- Park RN, Lee KS. Improved effective-index mehod for analysis of photonic crystal fibers. Opt Lett 2005; 30(9): 958-960.
- Daxhelet X, Martineau L, Bures J. Influence of fiber index profile on vectorial fiber modes and application to tapped fiber devices. J Lightw Technol 2005; 23(5): 1874-1880.
- Liang Z, Cao Z, Shen Q, Deng X. Exact eigenvalue equations for weakly guiding optical fibers with arbitrary graded-index profile. J Lightw Technol 2005; 23(2): 1874-1880.
- Snyder AW, Love JD. Optical waveguide theory. Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers Group; 1983.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: email@example.com ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846) 332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20