Experimental research of diffraction of an linearly-polarized gaussian beam by binary microaxicon with the period close to wavelength
S.N. Khonina, D.V. Nesterenko, A.A. Morozov, R.V. Skidanov, I.A. Pustovoy
Image Processing Systems Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences,
Samara State Aerospace University
Full text of article: Russian language.
To compensate widening of the central light spot which inevitably arises at linear polarization of a beam illuminating high-aperture axicon, it is possible to insert asymmetry in axicon structure. Experimental research of diffraction of Gaussian beam by three types of binary microaxicon with the period close to wavelength is carry out by means of nearfield microscope. Diffractive optical elements with the period of 500 nanometers and various height of a microrelief have been made by a method of e-beam lithography. It is experimentally confirmed, that asymmetric microaxicons allow to reduce widening of the central light spot. Also it is shown, that in a near zone overcoming of the diffraction limit along one direction (down to FWHM=0,32 lyambda) is provided.
asymmetric binary diffractive axicon, high-aperture optical element, linear polarization, diffraction limit overcoming, nearfield microscopy, e-beam lithography.
- Khonina, S.N. Calculation of diffraction of the linearly-polarized limited beam with uniform intensity on high-aperture binary micro-axicons in a near zone / S.N. Khonina, A.V. Ustinov, S.G. Volotovsky, A.A. Kovalev // Computer Optics. - 2010. - Vol. 34, N 4. - P. 443-460. - (in Russian).
- Khonina, S.N. Formation of an axial line with the reduced cross-section size for linear polarization of an illuminating beam by means of high-aperture binary axicons without axial symmetry // Computer Optics. - 2010. - Vol. 34, N 4. - P. 461-468. - (in Russian).
- Khonina, S.N. Fast calculation algorithms for diffraction of radially-vortical laser fields on the microaperture / S.N. Khonina, A.V. Ustinov, S.G. Volotovsky, M.A. Ananin // Izvest. SNC RAS - 2010. - V. 12(3). - P. 15-25. - (in Russian).
- Khonina, S.N. Controlling the contribution of the electric ?eld components to the focus of a high-aperture lens using binary phase structures / S.N. Khonina, S.G. Volotovsky // J. Opt. Soc. Am. A. - 2010. - Vol.27, N 10. - P. 2188-2197.
- Kotlyar, V.V. Diffraction of conic and Gaussian beams by a spiral phase plate / V.V. Kotlyar, A.A. Kovalev, S.N. Khonina, R.V. Skidanov, V.A. Soifer, H. Elfstrom, N. Tossavainen and J. Turunen // Appl. Opt. - 2006. - Vol. 45, N 12. - P. 2656-2665.
- Kotlyar, V.V. Diffraction of a plane finite-radius wave by a spiral axicon and by a spiral phase plate: comparing / V.V. Kotlyar, A.A. Kovalev, V.A. Soifer, J.A. Davis, C. Tuvey, J. Cottrel // Computer Optics. - 2006. - V.30 - P.36-43. - (in Russian)
- Khonina, S.N. Optimization of focusing of linearly polarized light / S.N. Khonina and I. Golub // Opt. Lett. - 2011. - Vol. 36, N 3. - P. 352-354.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phones: +7 (846) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20