Comparison of two approaches to the construction
of sets of linear local features of digital signals
V. V. Myasnikov
Full text of article: Russian language.
The paper compares two approaches to the construction of sets of linear local features (LLF) of digital signals. The first of the analyzed approaches forms a set of LLF using independent efficient LLFs, each of which has its own algorithm for computing the feature value. The second approach constructs an efficient set of LLF, which has a single algorithm of joint computation of values of all features. Analytical and experimental comparison is made for several indicators of the computational and qualitative properties of the constructed LLF. An experimental comparison of two approaches with known solutions is also presented.
digital signals, linear local features, features set, computational complexity, processing quality, efficiency.
- Myasnikov, V.V.On the synthesis of the efficient algorithm over the set of the convolution algorithms/ V.V. Myasnikov // Computer optics. – Issue 29. – 2006. – P. 78-117. – (in Russian).
- Myasnikov, V.V. Efficient linear local features of signals and images / V.V. Myasnikov // Computer optics. – 2007. – Vol. 31, N 4. – P. 58-76. – (in Russian).
- Myasnikov, V.V. Construction of efficient linear local features for image processing and analysis / V.V. Myasnikov // Automation and Remote Control. – 2010. – N 3. – P. 162-177. – (in Russian).
- Myasnikov, V.V. Analysis of the methods for construction of linear local features / V.V. Myasnikov, A.U. Bavrina, O.A. Titova // Computer optics. – 2010. – Vol. 34, N 3. – P. 193-201. – (in Russian).
- Myasnikov, V.V. Efficient sets of jointly calculated linear local features of digital signals / V.V. Myasnikov // Computer optics. – 2011. – Vol. 35, N 1. – P. 77-94. – (in Russian).
- Computer Image Processing, Part I: Basic Concepts and Theory / edited by Victor A. Soifer (Editor). – VDM Verlag, 2009. – 296 p.
- Computer Image Processing, Part II: Methods and algorithms / edited by Victor A. Soifer (Editor). – VDM Verlag, 2009. – 584 p.
- Forsyth, D.A. Computer Vision: A Modern Approach / D.A. Forsyth, J. Ponce // Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall, 2003. – 693 p.
- Agarwal, R.P. Difference Equations and Inequality: Theory, Methods, and Applications / R.P. Agarwal. – New York: Marcel Dekker, 2000. – 998 p.
- Gihman, I. I. Introduction to stochastic process theory / I.I. Gihman, A.V. Skorohodov – Moscow: “Nauka” Publisher, 1965. – (in Russian).
- Nussbaumer, H.J. Fast Fourier Transform and Convolution Algorithms (2nd ed.) / H.J. Nussbaumer. – New York: Springer-Verlag, 1982.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; E-mail: email@example.com; Phones: +7 (846) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20