PDF, 941 kB
Full text of article: Russian language.
A method for designing refractive optical elements focusing collimated incident beam into a curve with specified shape is proposed. A general relationship for the freeform surface of the optical element is derived as an envelope of a parametric family of hyperboloids of revolution which focus the incident beam into the points on the curve. Using the thin optical element approximation, the calculation of the hyperboloid parameters providing required irradiance distribution along the curve is reduced to the solution of an explicit first order differential equation. The application for the proposed method to focus into the set of points on the curve is presented. The optical element generating line segment focus and the composite optical element to focus into the curve that consists of two circular arcs are designed. The optical elements to focus into the set of points on the line-segment and on the curve that consists of two circle arcs.
geometrical optics, focusing, refracting optical element, rays.
- Feng, Z. Design of LED freeform optical system for road lighting with high luminance/illuminance ratio / Z. Feng, Y. Luo and Y. Han // Opt. Express. – 2010. – V. 18. – P. 22020-22031.
- Luo, Y. Design of compact and smooth free-form optical system with uniform illuminance for LED source / Y. Luo, Z. Feng, Y. Han and H. Li // Opt. Express. – 2010. – V. 18. – P. 9055-9063.
- Doskolovich, L.L. Design of refractive spline surface for generating required irradiance distribution with large angular dimension / L.L. Doskolovich, M.A. Moiseev // J. Mod. Opt. – 2010. – V. 57. – P. 536-544.
- Doskolovich, L.L. Design of high-efficient freeform LED lens for illumination of elongated rectangular regions / L.L. Doskolovich, N.L. Kazanskiy, M.A. Moiseev // Opt. Express. – 2011. – V. 19. – P. A225-A233.
- Wang, K. Design of compact freeform lens for application specific light-emitting diode packaging / K. Wang, F. Chen and Z. Liu // Opt. Express. – 2010. – V. 18. – P. 413-425.
- Oliker, V.I. Mathematical aspects of design of beam shaping surfaces in geometrical optics / V.I. Oliker // Trends in Nonlinear Analysis / V.I. Oliker, M. Kirkilionis, S. Krömker, R. Rannacher, F. Tomi. – eds. – Springer, 2003. – P. 197-224.
- Michaelis, D. Cartesian oval representation of freeform optics in illumination systems / D. Michaelis, P. Schreiber and A. Bäuer // Opt. Lett. – 2011. – V. 36. – P. 918-920.
- Fournier, F.R. Fast freefrom reflector generation using source-target maps / F.R. Fournier, W.J. Cassarly, J.P. Rolland // Opt. Express. – 2010. – V. 18. – P. 5295-5204.
- Hu, R. Design of a novel freeform lens for LED uniform illumination and conformal phosphor coating / R. Hu, X. Luo, H. Zheng, Z. Qin, Z. Gan, B. Wu, S. Liu // Opt. Express. – 2012. – V. 20. – P. 13727-13737.
- Chen, J.-J. Freeform lens design for LED collimating illumination / J.-J. Chen, T.-Y. Wang, K.-L. Huang, T.-S. Liu, M.-D. Tsai, C.-T. Lin // Opt. Express. – 2012. – V. 20. – P. 10984-10995.
- Moiseev, M.A. Design of TIR optics generating the prescribed irradiance distribution in the circle region / M.A. Moiseev, L.L. Doskolovich // J. Opt. Soc. Am. – 2012. – V. A29. – P. 1758-1763.
- Ding, Y. Freeform LED lens for uniform illumination / Y. Ding, X. Liu, Z. Zheng, P. Gu // Opt. Express. – 2008. – V. 16. – P. 12958-12966.
- Doskolovich, L.L. Designing reflectors to generate a line-shaped directivity diagram / L.L. Doskolovich, N.L. Kazanskiy, S.I. Kharitonov, P. Perlo and S. Bernard // J. Mod. Opt. – 2005. – V. 52. – P. 1529-1536.
- Doskolovich, L.L. A DOE to form a line-shaped directivity diagram / L.L. Doskolovich, N.L. Kazanskiy, V.A. Soifer, S.I. Kharitonov and P. Perlo // J. Mod. Opt. – 2004. – V. 51. – P. 1999-2005.
- Doskolovich, L.L. Designing a mirror to form a line-shaped directivity diagram / L.L. Doskolovich, N.L. Kazanskiy and S. Bernard // J. Mod. Opt. – 2007. – V. 54. – P. 589-597.
- Winston, R. Nonimaging Optics / R. Winston, J.C. Minano and P. Benitez. – Elsevier Academic Press, 2005. – 325 p.
- Eisenhart, L.P. A Treatise on the Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces / L.P. Eisenhart. – Schwarz Press, 2008. – 275 p.
- Doskolovich, L.L. Analytic design of optical elements generating a line focus / L.L Doskolovich, A.Yu. Dmitriev, S.I. Kharitonov // Optical Engineering. – 2013. – V. 52(9). – P. 091707(7).
- Dmitriev, A.Yu. Geometric-optics design of optical elements to produce a line focus / A.Yu. Dmitriev, L.L. Doskolovich, S.I. Kharitonov, M.A. Moiseev // Computer Optics. – 2009. – V. 33(2). – P. 122-128. – (In Russian).
- Lambda Research Corporation, “TracePro Suite of Optical and Illumination Design Software” –http://www.lambdares.com/software_products/tracepro/.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: email@example.com; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20