Embedding of binary image in the gray planes
V.N. Gorbachev, E.M. Kainarova, L.A. Denisov
PDF, 566 kB
Full text of article: Russian language.
For digital watermarking of grayscale image it has been used its Gray planes achieved from the Gray code of the pixels. With the help of the representation of image over the Gray planes embedding of binary image is considered. It has been found that digital data hided into the Gray plane is more robust to JPEG compression than hiding into the bit planes.
digital watermarking, Gray code, JPEG-compression.
- Hamming, R.V. Coding theory and the theory of information / R.V. Hamming. – Moscow: ”Radio and communication” Publisher, 1983. – 176 p. – (In Russian).
- Cox, I.J. Digital Watermarking and Steganography / I.J. Cox, M.L. Miller, J.F. Bloom, J. Fridrich, T. Kaler. – Birlington, USA: ELSEVIER, Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2008.
- Mitekin, V.A. Methods of statistical analyse of binary and grayscale images / V.A. Mitekin // Computer Optics. – 2005. – V. 28. – P. 145-151. – (In Russian).
- Mitekin, V.A. Steganography system model and the generalized algorithm embedding a digital watermark in printing products / V.A. Mitekin, A.V. Sergeev, V.A. Fedoseyev, M.D. Bogomolov // Computer Optics. – 2007. – V. 31(4). – P. 95-100. – (In Russian).
- Gorbachev, V.N. One algorithm of block embedding of the digital watermark in the least significant bits on the basis of the condition of equality of brightness / V.N. Gorbachev, E.M. Kaynarova, I.K. Metelev // Journal Proceedings institutes of higher educations. The problems of Printing and of Publishing. – 2010. – V. 2. – P. 60-70. – (In Russian).
- Glumov, N.I. The algorithm for large-scale images robust watermarking using blockwise processing / N.I. Glumov, V.A. Mitekin // Computer Optics. – 2011. – V. 35(3). – P. 368-372. – (In Russian).
- Kharinov, M.V. Remembering and adaptive information processing of digital images / M.V. Kharinov. – Saint-Petersburg: Publishing House of St. Petersburg. University Press, 2006. – 138 p.
- Timbay, E.I. Correction filter application for the quality emprovement of images compressed using method jpeg / E.I. Timbay // Computer Optics. – 2011. – V. 35(4) – P. 513-518. – (In Russian).
- Lapshenkov, E.M. Model for quality loss rating of graphic image after lossy compression, focused on image recognition systems / E.M. Lapshenkov // Computer Optics. – 2011. – V. 35(3). – P. 408-415. – (In Russian).
- Wong, P.H.W. Capacity Estimation Technique for JPEG-to-JPEG Image Watermarking / P.H.W. Wong, O.C. Au // IEEE Transaction on circuit and system for video technology. – 2003. – Vol. 13, N 8. – P. 74-78.
- Salomon, D. Compression of data, images, sound. / D. Salomon. – Мoscow: “Technosphera” Publisher, 2004. – 368 p. – (In Russian).
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phones: +7 (846 2) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846 2) 332-56-20