Design of a mirror for generating a prescribed continuous illuminance distribution based on the supporting quadric method
L.L. Doskolovich, K.V. Borisova, M.A. Moiseev
Image Processing Systems Institute, Russian Academy of Sciences,
Samara State Aerospace University
Full text of article: Russian language.
A method for designing a reflective surface to generate a prescribed continuous illuminance distribution is proposed. The optical surface is represented as an envelope of a two-parameter set of ellipsoids of revolution. The efficiency of the proposed method is illustrated with a case of computing and simulation of several reflective surfaces that generate uniform illuminance distributions shaped as an ellipse, a rectangle and a triangle.
geometric optics, eikonal function, supporting quadric method.
Doskolovich LL, Borisova KV, Moiseev MA. Design of a mirror for generating a prescribed continuous illuminance distribution based on the supporting quadric method. Computer Optics 2015; 39(3): 347-56. DOI: 10.18287/0134-2452-2015-39-3-347-356.
- Rengmao W, Liang X, Peng L, Yaqin Z, Zhenrong Z, Haifeng L, Xu L. Freeform illumination design: a nonlinear boundary problem for the elliptic Monge–Ampére equation. Opt Lett 2013; 38: 229-31.
- Rengmao W, Benítez P, Yaqin Z, Miñano J C. Influence of the characteristics of a light source and target on the Monge–Ampére equation method in freeform optics design. Opt Lett 2014; 39: 634-7.
- Feng Z, Luo Y, Han Y. Design of LED freeform optical system for road lighting with high luminance/illuminance ratio. Optics Express 2010; 18: 22020-31.
- Luo Y, Feng Z, Han Y, Li H. Design of compact and smooth free-form optical system with uniform illuminance for LED source. Optics Express 2010; 18: 9055-63.
- Doskolovich LL, Moisev MA. Design of refractive spline surface for generating required irradiance distribution with large angular dimension. Journal of Modern Optics 2010; 57: 536-44.
- Moisev MA, Kravchenko SV, Doskolovich LL. Design of efficient LED optics with two free-form surfaces. Optics Express 2010; 22: 1926-35.
- Wang K, Chen F, Liu Z. Design of compact freeform lens for application specific light-emitting diode packaging. Optics Express 2010; 18: 413-25.
- Mao X, Li H, Han Y, Luo Y. Polar-grids based source-target mapping construction method for designing freeform illumination system for a lighting target with arbitrary shape. Optics Express 2015; 23: 4313-28.
- Oliker V, Rubinstein J, Wolansky G. Supporting quadric method in optical design of freeform lenses for illumination control of a collimated light. Adv Appl Math 2015; 62: 160-83.
- Oliker VI. Mathematical aspects of design of beam shaping surfaces in geometrical optics. Trends in Nonlinear Analysis. Ed by M. Kirkilionis, S. Krömker, R. Rannacher, and F. Tomi, Springer, 2003.
- Kochengin SA, Oliker VI. Computational algorithms for constructing re?ectors. Computing and Visualization in Science 2003; 6: 15-21.
- Michaelis D, Schreiber P, Bäuer A. Cartesian oval representation of freeform optics in illumination systems. Opt Lett 2011; 36: 918-20.
- Fournier F, Cassarly W, Rolland J. Fast freeform reflector generation using source-target maps. Optics Express 2010; 18: 5295-304.
- Ma Y, Zhang H, Su Z, He Y, Xu L, Lui X, Li H. Hybrid method of free-form lens design for arbitrary illumination target. Applied Optics 2015; 54: 4503-8.
- Doskolovich LL, Kazanskiy NL, Kharitonov SI, Perlo P, Bernard S. Designing reflectors to generate a line-shaped directivity diagram. Journal of Modern Optics 2005; 52(11): 1529-36.
- Doskolovich LL, Kazanskiy NL, Bernard S. Designing a mirror to form a line-shaped directivity diagram. Journal of Modern Optics 2007; 54: 589?97.
- Eisenhart LP. A Treatise on the Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces. London: Forgotten Books; 2012.
- Glimm T, Oliker V. Optical design of single reflector systems and the monge–Kantorovich mass transfer problem. Journal of Mathematical Sciences 2003; 117(3): 4096-108.
- Wang X.J. On the design of a reflector antenna II. Calculus of Variations 2004; 20: 329 – 41.
- Optical Design Software TracePro. Source: áhttp://www.lambdares.comñ.
- Computer Aided Design Software Rhinosceros. Source: áhttp://www.rhino3d.comñ.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846) 332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20