Development of methods for formation and testing of photoresist films with a desired thickness profile when fabricating conformal correctors
V.P. Korolkov, A.S. Konchenko, V.V. Cherkashin, N.G. Mironnikov
Institute of Automation and Electrometry SB RAS, Novosibirsk, Russia
Full text of article: Russian language.
A process of manufacturing conformal correctors for solid state YAG:Nd3+ lasers is discussed. It is proposed that a maskless lithography method should be used for fabricating a photoresist film with a desired thickness profile as an alternative to the proximity lithography based on half-tone masks. The use of a specular spectral scatterometry method for the testing of the conformal corrector shape at an early stage of photoresist profile formation is reported. A combination of these two methods makes the corrector manufacturing process significantly cheaper and faster.
specular spectral scatterometry, maskless lithography, conformal correctors, thin film thickness measurement, profilometry.
Korolkov VP, Konchenko AS, Cherkashin VV, Mironnikov NG. Development of methods for formation and testing of photoresist films with a desired thickness profile when fabricating conformal correctors. Computer Optics 2016; 40(4): 482-488. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2016-40-4-482-488.
- Korolkov VP, Nasyrov RK, Poleshchuk AG, Arapov YD, Ivanov AF. Conformal optical elements for correcting wavefront distortions in YAG: Nd3+ active elements. Quantum Electronics 2013; 43(2): 117-121.
- Korolkov VP, Shimansky RV, Cherkashin VV, Denk D. Computer controlling of writing beam in laser microfabrication of diffractive optics. Computer Optics 2003; 25: 79-88.
- Korolkov VP, Nasyrov RK, Poleshchuk AG, Arapov YD, Ivanov AF. Freeform corrector for laser with large aperture yag:nd3+ active element. Optical Engineering 2014; 53(7): 075105.
- Zhong KJ, Gao YQ, Li F. Maskless Lithography Based on DMD. Key Engineering Materials 2013; 552: 207-213.
- Luo N, Gao Y, Zhimin Z, Mengchao X, Huaming W. Three-dimensional microstructures of photoresist formed by gradual gray-scale lithography approach. Optica Applicata 2012; 42(4): 853-864.
- Source: <http://www.himt.de/files/Factsheet%20Download/Factsheet_MLA150-Web.pdf>.
- Lee D-H. Optical System with 4 µm Resolution for Maskless Lithography Using Digital Micromirror Device. Journal of the Optical Society of Korea 2010; 14(3): 266-276.
- Korolkov VP, Konchenko AS. Spectrophotometric method for measuring the groove depth of calibration reflection gratings. Optoelectronics, Instrumentation and Data Processing 2012; 48(2): 119-127.
- Babin SV, Doskolovich LL, Kadomin II, Kadomina EA, Kazanskiy NL. Trapezoidal diffraction grating profile parameters estimation based on polynomial approximations of reflected field [In Russian]. Computer Optics 2009; 33(2): 156-161.
- Fiber spectrometers manufacturer web site. Source: <http://www.avantes.com/applications/markets/item/291-thin-film-measurements>.
- Meisburger WD. Continuous direct-write optical lithography. US Patent 7,167,296, filed of Aug 21, 2003, publ of January 23, 2007.
- Meisburger WD. Continuous direct-write optical lithography. US Patent 7,295,362, filed of Sept 14, 2004, published of Nov 13, 2007.
- Meisburger WD. Gray level method for slim-based optical lithography. US Patent 7,508,570, filed of Oct 24, 2007, published of Mar 24, 2009.
- Meisburger WD. Apparatus for SLM-based optical lithography with gray level capability. US Patent 7,639,416, filed of Oct 24, 2007, published of Dec 29, 2009.
- Bodemann A, Hetzler J, Göhnermeier A. Maskless lithographic apparatus and method for generating an exposure pattern. Patent WO 2013185822 A1, filed of Jun 14, 2012, published of Dec 19, 2013.
- Rajan DK, Raunio JP, Karjalainen MT, Ryynänen T, Lekkala J. Novel method for intensity correction using a simple maskless lithography device. Sensors and Actuators A: Physical 2013; 194: 40-46.
- Photoresist materials manufacturer. Source: <http://www.microchemicals.com/technical_information/photoresists_optical_parameters.pdf>.
- Troitsk Research and Development Center. Source: <http://troitskscientific.com/xws-65.html>.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
Institution of Russian Academy of Sciences, Image Processing Systems Institute of RAS, Russia, 443001, Samara, Molodogvardeyskaya Street 151; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Phones: +7 (846) 332-56-22, Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20