Geoinformation system for amplitude-frequency analysis of geomagnetic variations and space weather observation data
Vorobev A.V., Vorobeva G.R.
Ufa State Aviation Technical University, Ufa, Russia
Full text of article: Russian language.
We present and describe a method to conduct correlation and amplitude-frequency analysis of the observational data of geomagnetic variations and space weather that is based on the combined use of a concept of single information space, models and methods of wavelet and Fourier analysis, and geo-information technologies. The method includes formalized elements of mathematical and methodological support for conducting amplitude-frequency and correlation analysis of the observations of geomagnetic variations and space weather and is verified by means of a prototype in-house platform-independent web-oriented geoinformation system GEOMAGNET (https:// www.geomagnet.ru). The proposed method is verified using data obtained from the magnetic observatories of the INTERMAGNET network and space weather data from the artificial Earth satellite ACE. Results of the observation, automated correlation and amplitude-frequency analysis of signals that provide information on the geomagnetic field and space weather variations at specified time intervals both on the Earth's surface and in near-Earth space are discussed and evaluated.
wavelets, information processing, geomagnetic variations, space weather, frequency filter, correlation analysis, information system.
Vorobev AV, Vorobeva GR. Geoinformation system for amplitude-frequency analysis of geomagnetic variations and space weather observation data. Computer Optics 2017; 41(6): 963-972. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2017-41-6-963-972.
- Gurfinkel YuI. Ischemic heart disease and solar activity [In Russian]. Moscow: “IIKC Elf-3” Publisher; 2004. ISBN: 5-88982-031-1.
- Petrukovich A, ed. Solar-terrestrial connections and cosmic weather [In Russian]. In book: Zelenyi LM, Veselovskiy IO, ed. Plasma heliogeophysics. Moscow: “Fizmatlit” Publisher; 2008. T II(Ch 8): 175-257.
- Khain VE, Khalilov EN. About possible influence of solar activity on seismic and volcanic activity: long-term forecast [In Russian]. Science without borders. Transactions of the International Academy of Science H&E 2007/2008; 3.
- Kharchenko MA. Correlation analysis [In Russian]. Voronezh: Voronezh state university publishing; 2008.
- Gvishiani A, Lukianova R, Soloviev A, Khokhlov A. Survey of geomagnetic observations made in the northern sector of Russia and new methods for analysing them. Surveys in Geophysics 2014; 35(5): 1123-1154. DOI: 10.1007/s10712-014-9297-8.
- Hamoudi M, Zaourar N, Mebarki R, Briqueu L, Parrot M. Wavelet analysis of ionospheric disturbances. EGU General Assembly 2009; 11: 8523.
- Dawson E, Lowndes J, Reddy P. The british geological survey’s new geomagnetic data web service. Data Science Journal 2013; 12: WDS75-WDS80. DOI: 10.2481/dsj.WDS-010.
- Kerridge D. INTERMAGNET: Worldwide near real-time geomagnetic observatory data. ESA Space Weather Workshop 2001: 1-4.
- Love J, Chulliat A. An International Network of Magnetic Observatories. EOS, Transactions American Geophysical Union 2013; 94(42): 373-374. DOI: 10.1002/2013EO420001.
- Mukaka MM. Statistics corner: A guide to appropriate use of correlation coefficient in medical research. Malawi Med J 2012; 24(3): 69-71.
- Rasson J. Observatories, Intermagnet. In Book: Gubbins D., Herrero-Bervera E, eds. Encyclopedia of Geomagnetism and Paleomagnetism. Dordrecht: Springer; 2007: 715-717. ISBN: 978-1-4020-3992-8.
- Soloviev A. Artificial intelligence in the Earth’s magnetic field study and INTERMAGNET Russian Segment. ICSU CODATA Newsletter 2012; 100: 4.
- Soloviev A, Bogoutdinov S, Gvishiani A, Kulchinskiy R, Zlotnicki J. Mathematical tools for geomagnetic data monitoring and the INTERMAGNET russian segment. Data Science Journal 2013; 12: WDS114-WDS119. DOI: 10.2481/dsj.WDS-019.
- Thomson AWP. Geomagnetic observatories: monitoring the Earth’s magnetic and space weather environment. Weather 2014; 69(9): 234-237. DOI: 10.1002/wea.2329.
- Vorobev AV, Shakirova GR. Web-based information system for modeling and analysis of parameters of geomagnetic field. Procedia Computer Science 2015; 59: 73-82. DOI: 10.1016/j.procs.2015.07.339.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: email@example.com ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846)332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20