Form-faсtor of the holograms of composite images
Shoydin S.A., Trifanov A.V.
Siberian State University of Geosystems and Technologies, Novosibirsk, Russia
This article is a follow-on study of the influence of the form-factor of holograms on their optimal characteristics, such as the optimal exposure, subject to a known visibility distribution, and the maximum achievable values of the average diffraction efficiency in a hologram. The main attention is paid to the verification of the applicability of the form-factor concept to calculating the optimal parameters of a phase hologram. The results obtained suggest that the technique of calculation and practical use of the form-factor is suitable for holograms of real images formed by complex beams. Using 30-plus real images, the approach to determining the form factor for visual holograms is analyzed. A fairly good agreement between the form factors of the holograms of real portrait images and those of Gaussian beams has been found. The real images have been shown to have near-Gaussian brightness distribution statistics. Note that for non-Gaussian distributions, the proposed method of calculating and using the form-factor is also suitable.
laser, hologram, formfactor, diffraction efficiency, Gaussian beam, holoportrait.
Shoydin SA, Trifanov AV. Form-faсtor of the holograms of composite images. Computer Optics 2018; 42(3): 362-368. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2018-42-3-362-368.
- Sukhanov VI, Veniaminov AV, Ryskin AI, Nikonorov NV. Developments GOI in the field of bulk recording media for holography [In Russian]. In Book: Yurii Nikolaevich Denisyuk – the founder of domestic holography: Collection of works of the all-russian seminar [In Russian]. Saint-Peterburg: “SPbGU ITMO” Publisher; 2007: 262-276.
- Shelkovnikov VV, Russkikh VV, Vasil'ev EV, Pen EF, Kovalevskii VI, Kuchin IA. Production and properties of holographic photopolymeric material in a hybrid sol-gel matrix. J Opt Technol 2006; 73(7): 480-483. DOI: 10.1364/JOT.73.000480.
- Shoydin SA. Diffraction efficiency of holograms, written down by Gaussian wawes [In Russian]. In Book: Interexpo Geo-Siberia-2015. SibOptics-2015: Collection of materials. Novosibirsk: Publishing house of Siberian University of Geosystems and Technologies; 2015; 5: 71-76.
- Shoydin SA. Requirements to lasers and formfactor of holograms. Optical Memory and Neural Networks 2016; 25(2): 95-101. DOI: 10.3103/S1060992X16020053.
- Shoydin SA. On the requirements to the parameters of the radiation source for holography [In Russian]. In Book: Proc “Lasers. Measurements. Information – 2013.” Saint-Petersburg: Publishing House of Saint-Petersburg Polytechnic University; 2013; 1: 94-107.
- Shoidin SA. Holographic laser radiation requirements and hologram form factors. J Opt Technol 2016; 83(5): 318-326. DOI: 10.1364/JOT.83.000318.
- Shoydin SA. A method of achieving the maximum diffraction efficiency of holograms based on optimizing the form factor. Computer Optics 2016; 40(4): 501-507. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2016-40-4-501-507.
- Collier RJ, Burckhardt ChВ, Lin LH. Optical holography. New York, London: Academic Press; 1971: 291. ISBN: 978-0-12-181050-4.
- Shoydin SA. Application of Denisuk`s hologras in advertising. Optical Memory and Neural Networks 2013; 22(4): 272-274. DOI: 10.3103/S1060992X13040127.
- Shoydin S.A. Paradoxical images and paradoxical technical solutions in holography on the example of civil development [In Russian]. Izvestiya Vuz: Fizika 2015; 58(11-3): 140-143.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: email@example.com ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846) 332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20