New method for GIS vector data protection based on the use of secondary watermark
Vybornova Y.D., Sergeev V.V.
Samara National Research University, 443086, Samara, Russia, Moskovskoye Shosse 34;
IPSI RAS – Branch of the FSRC “Crystallography and Photonics” RAS,
443001, Samara, Russia, Molodogvardeyskaya 151
The paper provides a study on the watermarking method for vector map data based on a cyclic shift of a polygon vertex list. We propose a method modification allowing to automate authentication procedure, as well as to increase robustness against map contents modification. The main idea of the improved method is to use a noise-like image as a secondary carrier for a watermark, represented in the form of a bit sequence. An algorithm for construction of a noise-like image carrying a watermark sequence, as well as an algorithm for extraction of such a sequence, are given. An experimental study explores the information capacity of the carrier image and its robustness against quantization and interpolation noise adding, i.e. distortions simulating the embedding into map objects. The efficiency of the method is also demonstrated on real cartographic data. Conclusions comprise recommendations for rational choice of embedding parameters depending on the number of polygons on the vector map.
geographic information systems, GIS, vector map, data protection, digital watermarking, raster image, discrete Fourier transform, bit sequence
Vybornova YD, Sergeev VV. New method for GIS vector data protection based on the use of secondary watermark. Computer Optics 2019; 43(3): 474-483. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2019-43-3-474-483.
- Abubahia A, Cocea M. Advancements in GIS map copyright protection schemes – a critical review. Multimedia Tools and Applications 2017; 76(10): 12205-12231.
- Abubahia A, Cocea M. A clustering approach for protecting GIS vector data. Advanced Information Systems Engineering: 27th International Conference 2015; 1: 133-147.
- Abubahia A, Cocea M. Exploiting vector map properties for GIS data copyright protection. Proceedings of the 27th IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence 2015; 1: 575-582.
- Lee SH, Kwon KR. Vector watermarking scheme for GIS vector map management. Multimedia Tools and Applications 2013; 63(3): 757-790.
- Peng Z, Yue M, Wu X, Peng Y. Blind watermarking scheme for polylines in vector geo-spatial data. Multimedia Tools And Applications 2015; 74: 11721-11739.
- Wang Y, Yang C, Zhu C. A multiple watermarking algorithm for vector geographic data based on coordinate mapping and domain subdivision. Multimedia Tools And Applications 2017: 1-19.
- Yan H. Zhang L, Yang W. A normalization-based watermarking scheme for 2D vector map data. Earth Science Informatics 2017; 10(4): 471-481.
- Zope-Chaudhari S, Venkatachalam P, Buddhiraj K. Copyright protection of vector data using vector watermark. Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium 2017; 1: 6110-6113.
- Ren N, Wang Q, Zhu С. Selective authentication algorithm based on semi-fragile watermarking for vector geographical data. 22nd International Conference on Geoinformatics 2014; 1: 1-6.
- Da Q, Sun J, Zhang L, Kou L, Wang W, Han Q, Zhou R. A novel hybrid information security scheme for 2D vector map. Mobile Networks and Applications 2018; 1: 1-9.
- Wang N, Bian J, Zhang H. RST invariant fragile watermarking for 2D vector map authentication. International Journal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering 2015; 10(4): 155-172.
- Peng Y, Yue M. A zero-watermarking scheme for vector map based on feature vertex distance ratio. Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering 2015; 2015: 1-6.
- Peng Y, Lan H, Yue M, Xue Y. Multipurpose watermarking for vector map protection and authentication. Multimedia Tools and Applications 2017; 77(1): 1-21.
- Cao L, Men C, Ji R. High-capacity reversible watermarking scheme of 2D-vector data. Signal, Image and Video Processing 2015; 9: 1387-1394.
- Peng F, Yan ZJ, Long M. A reversible watermarking for 2D vector map based on triple differences expansion and reversible contrast mapping. International Conference on Security, Privacy and Anonymity in Computation, Communication and Storage 2017; 1: 147-158.
- Wang N, Zhao X, Xie C. RST Invariant Reversible Watermarking for 2D Vector Map. International Journal of Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering 2016; 11(2): 265-276.
- Vybornova YD, Sergeev VV. A new watermarking method for vector map data [In Russian]. Computer Optics 2017; 41(6): 913-919. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2017-41-6-913-919.
- Vybornova YD. Application of spatial interpolation methods for restoration of partially defined images. CEUR Workshop Proceedings 2018; 2210: 89-95. DOI: 10.18287/1613-0073-2018-2210-89-95.
- Glumov NI, Mitekin VA. The algorithm for large-scale images robust watermarking using blockwise processing [In Russian]. Computer Optics 2011; 35(3): 368-372.
- Soifer VA, Sergeev VV, Popov SB, Myasnikov VV. Theoretical bases of digital image processing [In Russian]. Samara: SSAU Publisher; 2000. ISBN: 5-7883-0109-2.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846)332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20