The use of atomic force microscopy to assess the quality of cleaning and tribometric properties of a silicon wafer surface
Mikheev I.D., Vakhitov F.Kh.
Kazan National Research Technical University n.a. A.N. Tupolev – KAI, Kazan, Russia
Differences in the values of adhesive forces of interaction between the probe tip of an atomic force microscope and the cleaned surfaces of silicon wafers during their treatment with isopropyl alcohol and distilled water were investigated experimentally. It was shown that the presence of water molecules on the surface of the substrates leads to a significant (approximately 5 times) change in the value of these forces. It was found that the use of AFM allows the relative magnitude of friction forces in small areas of silicon wafer surfaces to be estimated.
atomic force microscopy, silicon wafers, tribometric properties
Mikheev ID, Vakhitov FKh. The use of atomic force microscopy to assess the quality of cleaning and tribometric properties of a silicon wafer surface. Computer Optics 2019; 43(3): 507-511. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2019-43-3-507-511.
- Borodin SA, Volkov AV, Kazanskii NL. Device for analyzing nanoroughness and contamination on a substrate from the dynamic state of a liquid drop deposited on its surface. J Opt Technol 2009; 76(7): 408-412. DOI: 10.1364/JOT.76.000408.
- Ivliev NA, Kolpakov VA, Krichevskii SV, Kazanskiy NL. Determination of concentration of organic contaminants on a silicon dioxide surface by tribornetry. Measurement Techniques 2017; 9: 869-873.
- Tong Q-Y, Gosele U. Wafer bonding and layer splitting for microsystems. Advanced Materials 1999; 11(17): 1409-1425.
- Kolpakov VA, Ivliev NA. Measuring the surface purity of substrates by the tribometry method. Instruments and Experimental Techniques 2014; 57(5): 640-645. DOI: 10.1134/S0020441214040174.
- Bukharaev AA, Ovchinnikov DV, Bukharaev AA. Surface diagnostics using scanning force microscopy (review) [In Russian]. Zavodskaya Laboratoriya 1997; 5: 10-27.
- Liu Y, Wu T, Evans DF. Lateral force microscopy study on the shear properties of self-assembled monolayers of dialkylammonium surfactant on mica. Langmuir 1994; 7: 2241-2245.
- Guo YB, Wang DG, Zhang SW. Adhesion and friction of nanoparticles/polyelectrolyte multilayer films by AFM and micro-tribometer. Tribology International 2011; 44(7-8): 906-917.
- Ivliev NA, Kolpakov VA, Krichevskii SV. Determination of organic contaminants concentration on the silica surface by lateral force microscopy [In Russian]. Computer Optics 2016; 40(6): 837-843. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2016-40-6-837-843.
- Prokop'ev EP, Timoshenkov SP, Suvorov AL, et al. Features of the technology of manufacturing of SOI structures by direct splicing and quality control of silicon wafers [In Russian]. Preprint of the Institute of theoretical and experimental physics 24-00. Moscow: 2000.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: email@example.com ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846)332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20