(43-4) 22 * << * >> * Russian * English * Content * All Issues
Peculiarities of data processing for optical measurements
of disperse parameters of bimodal media
A.A. Zhirnov1, O.B. Kudrjashova1
1 Institute for Problems of Chemical and Energetic Technologies of the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Biysk, Russia
PDF, 1050 kB
Full text of article: Russian language.
This study is focused on enhancing the informativity of optical measurement techniques for particulate matter. The problem is that the description of particulate matter with bimodal and multimodal distributions by an a priori defined analytical function of particle size distribution (for example, a log-normal distribution) is not accurate enough. Here, we explore if experimental data can be approximated by a multivariable function of particle size distribution instead of using the a priori defined log-normal distribution. For the comparison of the approximation results, experiments are conducted on standard samples with granulometric compositions OGS-01LM and OGS-08LM separately and jointly in a mix. The experimental data are recorded by a high-selectivity turbidimetric technique in water suspensions of these samples.
The purpose of this study is to present the measurement results as a distribution function that enables one to identify more accurately the particle-size distribution profile and the corresponding disperse characteristics of the aerosol in question when measuring parameters of disperse media by optical techniques.
The main objective of this work is to develop, implement and verify a search algorithm for the particle-size distribution function by way of a multi-parameter function. We show that the solution to the problem proposed herein is more universal because it allows slow and fast processes in suspensions and aerosols to be examined with a lower error. The algorithm can be applied to the problems which are based on solving first-kind Fredholm equations.
aerosols, turbid media, nondestructive testing, remote sensing and sensors, optical method, monodisperse polystyrene latex, turbidimetric technique, log-normal distribution, multivariable function, Sauter mean diameter
Zhirnov AA, Kudrjashova OB. Peculiarities of data processing for optical measurements of disperse parameters of bimodal media. Computer Optics 2019; 43(4): 692-698. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-2019-43-4-692-698.
- Dobrinsky EK, Safonov VV, Gorokhovsky AV, Builov VN, Azarov AS, Safonov KV. Optimization of nanodisperse additives into the engine oil [In Russian]. Agricultural Bulletin of Stavropol Region 2014; 3(15): 12-16.
- Khmelev VN, Shalunov AV, Golykh RN, Nesterov VA, Dorovskikh RS, Shalunova AV Determination of the modes and the conditions of ultrasonic spraying providing specified productivity and dispersed characteristics of the aerosol. Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics 2017; 10(5): 1409-1419.
- Mitchell JP. Particle standards: their development and application. KONA Powder and Particle Journal 2000; 18: 41-59.
- Duan H, Romay FJ, Li C, Naqwi A, Deng W, Liu BY. Generation of monodisperse aerosols by combining aerodynamic flow-focusing and mechanical perturbation. Aerosol Science and Technology 2016; 50(1): 17-25.
- Becker W, Guschin V, Mikonsaari I, Teipel U, Kölle S, Weiss P. Turbidimetric method for the determination of particle sizes in polypropylene/clay-composites during extrusion. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 2017; 409(3): 741-751.
- Lopatin VN, Priezzhev AV, Aponasenko AD, Shepelevich NV, Lopatin VV, Pozhilenkova PV, Prostakova IV Light scattering methods in the analysis of disperse biological media [In Russian]. Moscow: "Fizmatlit" Publisher; 2004. ISBN: 5-9221-0547-7.
- Arhipov VA, Bondarchuk SS. Optical methods of diagnostics of heterogeneous plasma of products of combustion. Uchebnoe posobie [In Russian]. Tomsk: "Tomsk State University" Publisher; 2010.
- Mukhopadhyay S. Large-scale mode identification and data-driven sciences. Electronic Journal of Statistics 2017; 11(1): 215-240.
- Titov SS. Turbidimetric method is highly selective and fast measurement system of determining the parameters of nonstationary multiphase media [In Russian]. The thesis for the Candidate's degree in Technical Sciences. Biysk; 2011.
- Zhirnov AA, Titov SS, Kudrjashova OB. Modification of the turbidimetric high-selective method for measurement of fast processes [In Russian]. J Information and Control Systems 2016; 82(3). 95-99. DOI: 10.15217/issn1684-8853.2016.3.95.
- Peng S-A, Jin Y, Cheng X-F, Sun T-B, Qi R, Fan B-Z. A new method to synthesize high solid content waterborne polyure-thanes by strict control of bimodal particle size distribution. Progress in Organic Coatings 2015; 86: 1-10.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846)
332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20