(44-4) 07 * << * >> * Russian * English * Content * All Issues
Synthesis of holograms received by a communication channel
S.A. Shoydin 1
1 Siberian State University of Geosystems and Technologies, Novosibirsk, Russia
PDF, 2137 kB
Full text of article: Russian language.
A method for the synthesis of holograms that reconstruct a 3D image using two 2D images, including a topographic map of the surface of a 3D object and photographs of the texture of its surface obtained using coherent and incoherent radiation is proposed. The method is suitable for transmitting information about a 3D object via a communication channel at a distance and subsequent synthesis of holograms at a distance from the holography object. It can be used in augmented reality devices, when creating holographic cameras and 3D video cameras, in 3D projectors and microscopes, devices with a synthesized aperture. The proposed method for the remote hologram synthesis is suitable for reproducing 3D holographic images of distant objects at different parts of the electromagnetic spectrum. Examples of 3D image restoration in the infrared spectral range are given. The method is also suitable for the synthesis of holograms in the UV, THz, and even radio range.
laser, hologram, hologram information capacity, augmented reality, holographic television.
Shoydin SA. Synthesis of holograms received by a communication channel. Computer Optics 2020; 44(4): 547-551. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-CO-694.
- Denisyuk YuN. On the mapping of the optical properties of an object in the wave field of radiation scattered by it. Doklady Academii Nauk SSSR 1962; 144(6): 1275-1278.
- Van Heerden PJ. A new optical method of storing and retrieving information. Appl Opt 1963; 2(4): 387-392.
- Hill B. Some aspects of a large capacity holographic memory. Appl Opt 1972; 11(1): 182-196.
- Onural L. Holographic 3-D television. Patent US 2006/0187297 A1 of August 24, 2006.
- Gibin IS, Mantush TN, Nesterikhin YuE, Pankov BN, Pen EF, Tverdohleb PE. Programmable hologram memory with writing and reading information [In Russian]. Avtometriya 1975; 3: 3-11.
- Soskin SI, Shoidin SA, Levin VI. Holographic storage device [In Russian]. Pat USSR of Invent N 701350 of April 1, 1977.
- Soskin SI, Shoidin SA. Calculation of the optical scheme of the holographic storage device [In Russian]. Optika i Spektroskopiya 1978; 44(3): 566-573.
- Vydrin LV, Vyukhina NN, Gibin IS, Zatolokin VN, Kibirev SF, Mantush TN, Nesterikhin YuE, Pankov BN, Pen EF, Tverdokhleb PE, Tishchenko YuN, Trubetskoy AV. Experimental optoelectronic (holographic) memory system [In Russian]. Avtometriya 1980; 2: 60-67.
- Betin AYu, Bobrinev VI, Donchenko SS, Odinokov SB, Evtikhiev NN, Starikov RS, Starikov SN, Zlokazov EYu. Holographic memory optical system based on computer-generated Fourier holograms. Appl Opt 2013; 52(33): 8142-8145.
- Shannon CE. Recent development in communication theory. Electronics 1950; April: 80-83.
- Komar VG. New in the world of film technology [In Russian]. Moscow: "Iskusstvo" Publisher; 1967: 19.
- Rapoport BI. Possibilities for transmitting holographic images by a low-frame television system [In Russian]. Tehnika Kino i Televidenia 1971; 9: 42.
- Encyclopedia of mechanical engineering XXL. Holographic film and television [In Russian]. Source: <https://mash-xxl.info/info/565185>.
- Shojdin SA. Method of holographic recording remote formation [In Russian], Pat RF of Invent N 2707582 of November 28, 2019, Russian Bull of Inventions N34, 2019.
- Malakara D. Optical shop testing. New York: John Wiley and Sons; 1985.
- Volosov DS. Photographic optics [In Russian]. Мoscow: "Iskusstvo" Publisher; 1978: 464.
- Nikolsky BA. Fundamentals of radio systems. Textbook [In Russian]. Samara: "Samara State Aerospace University named S.P. Korolev" Publisher; 2013.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: email@example.com ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846) 332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20