(46-2) 05 * << * >> * Russian * English * Content * All Issues
Holograms of a 3D object synthesized at the receiving end of the communication channel in Dot Matrix technology
S.A. Shoydin 1, A.L. Pazoev 1, A.F. Smyk 2, A.V. Shurygin 2
1 Siberian State University of Geosystems and Technologies,
10, Plakhotnogo St., Novosibirsk, 630108, Russia,
2 Ltd «James River Branch», 8, Tvardovskogo St., Moscow, 123458, Russia
PDF, 4715 kB
Full text of article: Russian language.
The manuscript presents experimental results on the recording and restoration of 3D holographic frames suitable for transmitting 3D holographic images with the frame rate required for TV images and the resolution of the Full HD standard and higher. The method is based on the previously proposed technology for recording and transmitting a depth map and surface texture of the holographic object over the communication channel and digital synthesis of the hologram at the receiving end of the communication channel. The obtained result reduces the frequency band required for the transmission of 3D holographic information, similar to SSB technology, since the carrier spatial frequency of the hologram in this method is not transmitted through the communication channel, but is synthesized in the hologram already at its receiving end. Experimental results of hologram synthesis at the receiving end of the communication channel in DotMatrix technology are presented. The method considered in this manuscript is convenient for multiplexing 3D images, transferring them from one part of the electromagnetic spectrum to another, as well as for creating hyperspectral images. The work implements the technology of a holographic phototelegraph, which, when using high-speed dynamic holographic monitors, can solve the problems of creating 3D TV and augmented reality.
holography, synthesized hologram, interference, interference bands, 3D photography, single sideband modulation, 3D television, 3D augmented reality.
Shoydin SA, Pazoev AL, Smyk AF, Shurygin AV. Holograms of a 3D object synthesized at the receiving end of the communication channel in Dot Matrix technology. Computer Optics 2022; 46(2): 204-213. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-CO-1037.
The authors express their gratitude to V. P. Bessmeltsev for the opportunity to measure the characteristics of the holograms synthesized in the framework of this work on unique equipment developed by a talented team under his leadership at the Institute of Automation and Electrometry SB RAS in Novosibirsk.
- Ebrahimi T. Foessel S, Pereira F, Schelkens P. JPEG Pleno: Toward an efficient representation of visual reality. IEEE MultiMedia 2016; 23(4): 14-20. DOI: 10.1109/mmul.2016.64.
- Schelkens P, Ebrahimi T, Gilles A, Gioia P, Oh K-J, Pereira F, Perra C, Pinheiro AMG. JPEG Pleno: Providing representation interoperability for holographic applications and devices. ETRI J 2019; 41(1): 93-108. DOI: 10.4218/etrij.2018-0509.
- ISO/IEC 21794-1:2020. Information technology – Plenop-tic image coding system (JPEG Pleno) – Part 1: Frame-work. Vernier, Geneva, Switzerland: ISO copyright office; 2020.
- Schelkens P, Astola P, da Silva EAB, Pagliari C, Perra C, Tabus I, Watanabe O. JPEG Pleno light field coding technologies. Proc SPIE 2019; 11137: 111371G. DOI: 10.1117/12.2532049.
- Thanou D, Chou PA, Frossard P. Graph-based compression of dynamic 3D point cloud sequences. IEEE Trans Image Process 2016; 25(4): 1765-1778. DOI: 10.1109/TIP.2016.2529506.
- Meiju L, Junrui Z, Xifeng G, Rui Z. Application of improved point cloud streamlining algorithm in point cloud registration. 2020 Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC) 2020: 4824-4828. DOI: 10.1109/CCDC49329.2020.9164177.
- Botsch M, Pauly M, Kobbelt L, Alliez P, Lévy B, Bischoff S, Rössl C. Geometric modeling based on polygonal meshes. ACM SIGGRAPH 2007 Courses on (SIGGRAPH ’07) 2007. DOI: 10.1145/1281500.1281640.
- Nasri AH. Constructing polygonal complexes with shape handles for curve interpolation by subdivision surfaces. Computer-Aided Design 2001; 33(11): 753-765. DOI: 10.1016/S0010-4485(01)00093-8.
- Lee S., Hong H., Eem C. Voxel-based scene representation for camera pose estimation of a single RGB image. Appl Sci 2020; 10(24): 8866. DOI: 10.3390/app10248866.
- Huang M, Wei P, Liu X. An Efficient Encoding Voxel-Based Segmentation (EVBS) algorithm based on fast adjacent voxel search for point cloud plane segmentation. Remote Sens 2019; 11(23): 2727. DOI: 10.3390/rs11232727.
- Bogdanova TV, Safronov GS, Titar VP. Problems of creating television holographic systems. In Book: Development and improvement of technical tools of television broadcasting. Abstracts of the All-Union Scientific and Technical Conference [In Russian]. Moscow: “Radio I Svyaz” Publisher; 1988: 15-16.
- Denisyuk YuN. Are the fundamental principles of holography well-known enough for creating new types of three-dimensional films and artificial intelligence? Tech Phys 1991; 61(8): 149-161.
- Shoydin SA. Synthesis of holograms received by a communication channel. Computer Optics 2020; 44(4): 547-551. DOI: 10.18287/2412-6179-CO-694.
- Shoydin SA, Pazoev AL. Method of holographic recording remote formation. Avtometriya 2021; 1: 92-102. DOI: 10.15372/AUT20210110.
- Shoydin S. A. Method of holographic recording remote formation. Pat RF of Invent N 2707582 of November 28, 2019, Russian Bull of Inventions N34, 2019.
- Shoydin SA, Pazoev AL. Transmission of holographic information by superheterodyning [In Russian]. In Book: Gerdev AYu, ed. HOLOEXPO 2020: Abstracts of the XVII international conference on holography and applied optical technologies. Moscow: Bauman Moscow State Technical University Publisher; 2020: 87-97.
- Shoydin SA. Holographic memory without reference beam. Optical Memory and Neural Networks (Information Optics) 2016; 25(4): 262-267. DOI: 10.3103/S1060992X16040056.
- Pazoev AL, Shoydin SA. Transmission of holographic information on a single sideband. Interexpo GEO-Siberia 2021; 8: 109-117. DOI: 10.33764/2618-981X-2021-8-109-117.
- Shoydin, S. A. Recording a hologram transmitted over a communication channel on one sideband / S. A. Shoydin, A. L. Pazoev, I. K. Tsyganov, E. A. Drozdova // Proc. of HOLOEXPO 2021: XVIII International Conference on Holography and Applied Optical Technology. – Moscow: Bauman Moscow State Technical University. – 2021; 109-117.
- Smyk AF, Shurygin AV. Asymmetric profiles in surface-relief holograms [In Russian]. Mir Tehniki Kino 2018; 12(1): 23-30.
- Odinokov SB, Smyk AF, Shurygin AV. A technique of asymmetrical profiles in surface-relief holograms recording. Digital Holography and Three-Dimensional Imaging 2019, OSA Technical Digest. Optical Society of America; 2019: Th3A.27. DOI: 10.1364/DH.2019.Th3A.27.
- Porai-Koshits MA. Fundamentals of structural analysis of chemical compounds: Study guide [In Russian]. 2nd ed. Мoscow: “Vysshaya Shkola” Publisher; 1989. ISBN: 5-06-000074-5.
- Kir'yanov VP, Nikitin VG. Modeling of the formation of steep portions of a piecewise continuous profile in a one-step technology for fabricating diffractive optical elements using oblique laser beams. Optoelectron Instrum Data Process 2017; 53(6): 548-553. DOI: 10.3103/S8756699017060024.
- Veyko VP, Korolkov VP, Poleshchuk AG, Sinev DA, Shakhno EA. Laser technologies in micro-optics. Part 1. Fabrication of diffractive optical elements and photomasks with amplitude transmission. Optoelectron Instrum Data Process 2017; 53(5): 474-483. DOI: 10.3103/S8756699017050077.
- Poleshchuk AG, Korolkov VP, Veiko VP, Zakoldaev RA, Sergeev MM. Laser technologies in micro-optics. Part 2. Fabrication of elements with a three-dimensional profile. Optoelectron Instrum Data Process 2018; 54(2): 113-126. DOI: 10.3103/S8756699018020012.
- Bessmeltsev VP. Quality control of reflective holograms using confocal microscopy [In Russian]. 11th Int Conf HOLOEXPO-2014: Holography. Science and Practice 2014: 80-85.
- Bessmeltsev VP, Vileiko VV, Maksimow MV. High-resolution system for measuring the main parameters of security holograms for operational quality control and expert analysis [In Russian]. In Book: HOLOEXPO 2019: XVI international conference on holography and applied optical technology. Moscow: Bauman Moscow State Technical University Publisher; 2019: 102-108.
© 2009, IPSI RAS
151, Molodogvardeiskaya str., Samara, 443001, Russia; E-mail: email@example.com ; Tel: +7 (846) 242-41-24 (Executive secretary), +7 (846) 332-56-22 (Issuing editor), Fax: +7 (846) 332-56-20